Well the Senators sure crapped the bed there, eh? Returning from their bye week, they faced a St. Louis Blues team on a second half of a back-to-back, and of course lost 4-1 in a game where the score probably flattered the Sens’ effort. They then followed that up by giving up a 3-1 lead to a Maple Leafs team on a four-game losing streak. If you’re on Team Tank, then at least the Sens are managing to fulfill your dreams.
- Mark Stone. He had two assists against the Leafs after looking like he was out with a knee injury. Hopefully he isn’t out long-term, so he can continue his MVP-worthy season. Not to save the Sens’ season, that’s far out of the question.
- Cody Ceci? He had points in each of the two games, and got more 5v5 time than Erik Karlsson on Saturday. Probably not deserved, but it’s a struggle to find stars this week.
- ... Bobby Ryan? He had two points, and didn’t break any fingers. Yay positives!
- Colin White hit a post, getting him one step closer to his first NHL goal
- Nobody else
- Craig Anderson continues to drop his horrific save percentage, with an .879 against the Leafs to follow up a respectable .917 against the Blues
- I hoped Erik Karlsson would look more comfortable after his return from a week break. He didn’t, really.
- Gabriel Dumont experienced a lengthy benching after the first period against the Leafs.
- This team still isn’t practising because “injuries” and “Guy Boucher is out of answers”