Will the Senators earn a win tonight before going off for their bye week? It seems like with the team this year, it’s two steps forward, two months back. Hopefully we can at least beat the Maple Leafs before living through eight days of no Sens games.
Craig Anderson will start tonight, and Filip Chlapik will replace to re-re-re-re-(re?-)injured Bobby Ryan. Here’s my guess at lines and pairings:
Dzingel - Brassard - Stone
Pyatt - Pageau - Burrows
Dumont - White - Chlapik
Chabot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Harpur - Claesson
- Mark Stone is the kind of guy that never quits. Down by four, five last night, he seemed to just keep pushing. We say it a lot, but we are not worthy of Mark Stone.
- Erik Karlsson and Thomas Chabot made a pretty decent pairing last night, having almost 60% of the 5v5 shots. They still allowed three goals at 5v5 when on the ice, but you know, small victories.
- Craig Anderson has an .897 save percentage. Mike Condon is at .894. How long until someone like Marcus Hogberg gets even one NHL start?
- Mark Borowiecki will probably be back after the bye week. Who sits for him? I’m hoping for Harpur, but expecting Claesson (or both if Johnny Oduya is healthy too).
- After last game, do you think Colin White even sees five minutes tonight? I’m predicting not.
|Penalty Kill %||76.2||27th||83.3||4th|
|Corsi (5v5, Score & Venue Adjusted)||46.32||29th||53.97||2nd|
|Fenwick (5v5, SVA)||46.94||27th||54.01||1st|
|Goals||Matt Duchene||27||Brad Marchand||34|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson (out)||53||Brad Marchand||51|
|Points||Karlsson/Stone (both out)||62||Brad Marchand||85|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman||253||David Pastrnak||236|
|TOI/GP||Erik Karlsson (out)||26:44||Zdeno Chara||22:53|