After a poor showing on Tuesday night, the Ottawa Senators will look to rebound in tonight's game in New York against the Rangers. Ottawa was overwhelmed from start to finish and there was only going to be one winner. Still, Ottawa holds a 2-1 lead in the series and has another chance to push the Rangers to the brink with a victory tonight.
Guy Boucher said that Tom Pyatt and Chris Wideman will return to the lineup. Fredrik Claesson will be out but it is not yet known who will sit for Pyatt. Here are the expected lines and pairings for Ottawa.
Stålberg - Brassard - Stone
Pageau - Hoffman- Pyatt
Dzingel - Turris - Burrows
MacArthur - Smith - Ryan
Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Wideman - Harpur
Some notes for tonight:
- Tuesday was the first playoff game for the Senators this season that was not a one-goal game. It was also the first time Ottawa lost after allowing the first goal.
- Derick Brassard is without a point in the first three games of the series. He does have 10 shots on goal though. Mika Zibanejad has three assists through the first three games.
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau has five out of Ottawa's nine goals in the series.
- Mark Stone has just four shots in the series.
- Ottawa has had 11 power plays in the series and has been outscored 2-1 on them.
- The Rangers have outshot Ottawa 113-104 so far in the series.
- Craig Anderson has a save percentage of 91.2% in the series while Henrik Lundqvist is at 91.3%.
- I still don't feel there is too much pressure on Ottawa for tonight. The Rangers need to win this just to get it back to almost parity.
- Higher seeds have won 59% of NHL series that are tied 2-2 and 92% of series when up 3-1. So this is obviously still a very big game.
- Chris Wideman is probably Ottawa's second best defenceman so it will be nice to see him back in the lineup.
- The Senators have won 53% of face-offs in the series if you are into that sort of stuff.
Here are some stats for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from Corsica.
|Goals||Jean-Gabriel Pageau||6||Mats Zuccarello||4|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||7||Mika Zibanejad||6|
|Points||Bobby Ryan||8||Mika Zibanejad||7|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman||28||Rick Nash||31|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||30:16||Ryan McDonagh||27:33|
|Zone, score and venue adjusted Corsi %||50.55%||7th||49.29%||10th|
|Score, Zone and venue adjusted Fenwick %||49.53%||10th||51.05%||7th|