The Ottawa Senators take to home ice this afternoon for game two against the New York Rangers, looking to stretch their series lead to two games. After being the more dangerous team in game one, hopes are high for the Sens to make this an incredible playoff run.
Guy Boucher has confirmed that the lineup will stay the same for today, although with the Boucher Blender being in high activity these playoffs, we can’t really be sure what to expect. Here are those expected lines:
Dzingel - Turris - Burrows
MacArthur - Brassard - Ryan
Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
Stalberg - Smith - Wingels
Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Harpur
Here are some notes for today:
- After being far from selling out last game, ticket sales look to be much higher for this afternoon.
- Fun fact courtesy of Ian Mendes, the Sens have only taken a 2-0 series lead once in franchise history, in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2007 against the Buffalo Sabres.
- Mika Zibanejad's return to Ottawa in the playoffs on Thursday didn't go quite as planned for him, with a 34.62% CF%. Hopefully the Sens can keep him off the scoresheet again today, as he was one of New York's top forwards against the Habs.
- After only allowing one goal last night, Craig Anderson’s SV% is back up to .930. Lundqvist is still rocking a .948, though. Expect big performances from both.
- Nobody on the Rangers has more than four points. They’re a very well spread-out team.
- Still looking for their first career playoff goals today are Cody Ceci, Fredrik Claesson and Ben Harpur. Hopefully one of them can break the ice.
- Derick Brassard is tied for third in playoff scoring, with T.J. Oshie and Phil Kessel.
- Speaking of Brassard, he’ll be today’s feature on the towels being handed out at the CTC. Way to rub it in to Rangers fans.
Here are some regular season stats for the two teams today. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from Corsica.
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||4||Mats Zuccarello||3|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson / Derick Brassard||6||Mika Zibanejad||3|
|Points||Derick Brassard||8||Mika Zibanejad / Mats Zuccarello||4|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman / Derick Brassard||22||Rick Nash||26|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||30:11||Ryan McDonagh||26:41|
|Score and venue adjusted Corsi %||50.99%||7th||49.01%||10th|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Fenwick %||53.35%||2nd||46.65%||15th|