It’s been almost a week, but it’s time for the Swedish adventure to finally get to the games!
There were no line rushes from the morning skate, but here is a best guess based on what they were doing earlier in the week.
Here are some notes for tonight:
- We’ve been waiting for it all week, but today could be the season debut of Nick Paul
- Boucher may go with 11 & 7 though, in which case it’s Ben Harpur in instead of Nick Paul
- The Paul vs Harpur issue will be decided after the warm-ups, but it sounds like they’re leaning towards Harpur
- Oh yeah, Matt Duchene! He skated between Smith and Hoffman earlier this week, so that’s the best guess of who he starts with
- Anybody else very excited by the prospect of Duchene and Hoffman together?
- The 5 days off have dropped the Sens back to the bubble in terms of points, with the two wild card teams actually having more points than Ottawa. They’ve got games in hand, but have to take advantage of them for that to matter
- The time off also dropped Erik Karlsson from 5th to 9th in D scoring. The rest of the top 10 have played 4+ games more than EK
- It’s a 2pm Eastern puck drop today
|Corsi (5v5, Score & Venue Adjusted)||48.15||22nd||47.48||25th|
|Fenwick (5v5, SVA)||50.29||14th||46.20||28th|
|Goals||Matt Duchene||27||Brad Marchand||34|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson (out)||53||Brad Marchand||51|
|Points||Karlsson/Stone (both out)||62||Brad Marchand||85|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman||253||David Pastrnak||236|
|TOI/GP||Erik Karlsson (out)||26:44||Zdeno Chara||22:53|