Both Zack Smith and Bobby Ryan were out for the skate after leaving game 3, and left the ice at the same time as most of the team implying that the will be in. Tom Pyatt also left the ice at that same time, so he may be in as well. Ryan confirmed after the skate that he was able to play tonight, but Smith?
Smith says he is game time decision— Ken Warren (@Citizenkwarren) May 4, 2017
Speaking to the media, Guy Boucher confirmed that Chris Wideman will draw in for Fredrik Claesson. He also confirmed that Pyatt would be in the lineup tonight, but he wasn’t sure who would be coming out yet.
Just to throw some more fuel on the speculation fire, they ran line rushes with the line of Clarke MacArthur - Zack Smith - Chris Neil. Neil did stay out on the ice well after the rest of the expected lineup left though, so he may have just been a placeholder in the line combos. Ryan did not participate in the line rushes.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team