Having been forced to settle for a singe point for the second straight game, Erik Karlsson will look to get the full two points in tonight's game against the Edmonton Oilers. After getting two points against the Devils and Islanders, Karlsson came away with nothing against the Rangers before getting a consolation point against the Sabres and the Penguins. Tonight's game will also feature a cameo by Mike Hoffman and 18 extras.
Marc Methot is expected to return to the lineup and Craig Anderson should start again. Here are the lines.
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Dziurzynski - Lazar - Chiasson
Prince - McCormick - Neil
Methot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Wiercioch - Wideman
Some notes for tonight:
- Karlsson needs 26 points in the last 31 games to break his club record for points by a defenceman. Getting 28 points in the final 31 games will make him the first defenceman since 1995-1996 to get more than 80 points.
- Karlsson has averaged 30:30 over the last 29 games and 31:15 over the last 18 games. If he was to average 30:30 over the remaining 31 games, he would end up with 29:31 of average ice time for the season. That would be the highest in the NHL since 1999-2000.
- The last time Karlsson did not record a shot on goal or a point in a regular season game was 11 January 2014. He has played 169 games since then.
- Oh right there are other players on this team. Mike Hoffman continued his battle with the crossbar/post with another two on Tuesday.
- Mark Stone ended a run of eight straight games without a point with two points against Pittsburgh. He is still not getting many shots on goal with just 10 in the last nine games.
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau is tied with Stone for fouth on the team with 12 goals, just one behind Kyle Turris.
- Craig Anderson has a save percentage of just over 89% in the last 11 games. A struggling goalie on top of a porous defence is making a bad team look bad.
- The Senators are five points out of a playoff spot and seven points ahead of 29th overall in the NHL.
- The Oilers have won just six out of 26 games on the road this year.
Here are some stats for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from www.puckon.net. Note that Corsi is now adjusted for score as well as the venue and event type.
|Goals||Mike Hoffman||22||Taylor Hall||18|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||42||Taylor Hall||31|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||53||Taylor Hall||49|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||148||Taylor Hall||192|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||28:55||Oscar Klefbom||21:53|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Corsi %||46.7%||26th||47.5%||22nd|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Fenwick %||46.1%||28th||47.0%||25th|