For the past few weeks, the Sens blogosphere has been ripe with articles on offseason predictions, grades on player performance, and prospect updates. At Silver Seven, the staff have been pondering many things and although they are all important, I'd love to hear which one YOU think is absolutely pivotal to the success of the franchise.
I'll list some options in the poll, and on Friday, I'll engage with some of the comments to highlight some of the major pros/cons of each argument!
- Your opportunity to grade the performances of 2014-15 players continues with a duo that was often paired together this season. [Silver Seven: Your Say - Phillips, Ceci]
- Speaking of BSens players, Jeff was a wonderful piece on one of their best rookies this season, Ryan Dzingel. [Silver Seven]
- Chirp also revisits the Ben Bishop trade, and despite Cory Conacher being a washout, the Senators draft pick from this trade has been putting on quite a show at the Memorial Cup. Also on throwback tradesday, Jack revisits the Hossa - Heatley trade, and Trevor takes a look at Bryan Murray's 5 best and worst trades [SensChirp, SenShot - Hossa/Heatley, 5 Best, 5 Worst]
- The folks over at SenShot continue their great first round draft profiles, this time looking at two wingers who might be available at #18. [SenShot - Bittner, Svechnikov]
- The biggest 'news' this week is that the Senators have been getting calls from 5-6 teams interested in Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner. [Silver Seven, SensChirp,
- Relatedly, Jack takes a look at six Sens players who may be on the move this offseason. [SenShot]
- Our offseason predictions continue, with the staff taking a look at whether Bryan Murray and co. will be able to find his elusive 'top-six' forward. [Silver Seven]
- Alternatively, as I hope the Sens do, Bryan Murray and co. could look to trade for a top defenseman. One good option? Swedish D Alexander Edler. Jack has a profile on him. [SenShot]
- Of course, your end of Nuggets audio this week comes courtesy of Chet Sellers and Luke Peristy, who recorded the first offseason edition of their podcast. [Silver Seven]
- A fantastic article from former BSens 'tender, Mike McKenna, on finding pucks through traffic. [InGoal Mag]
- A tactical post from Jen on the dangers of exiting the defensive zone without control. Fans of the Senators can easily highlight a couple of defenseman who unfortunately fit into the context of this post. [JenLC]
- A piece on the cap situation of the Tampa Bay Lightning, and how they may be forced to trade some useful players if they want to re-sign Steven Stamkos. [Spector's Hockey]
- A great piece from Wyatt Arndt on blending storytelling with advanced stats when talking about hockey. [VanCityBuzz]
- On the Toronto Maple Leafs, and their next steps now that Mike Babcock is in the fold. [The Score]