Today the Women's World Championship kicks off with the most interesting match of the round robin between Canada and the United States:
Canada vs. United States, 11 am, TSN 1, 3, 4, 5
Tomorrow, Sunday, Canada takes the ice again:
Canada vs. Russia, 10 am, TSN 1, 3, 4, 5
The tournament runs this week, with the gold medal game taking place on April 4.
World Championship Links:
- 23-year-old superstar Marie-Philip Poulin, who scored two goals - including the game winners - in each of the last two Olympic gold medal games has been named captain of Team Canada [TSN] fresh off finishing her college career [Globe & Mail]
- American superstar Hilary Knight has a GoPro [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Five things to know about the Worlds [TSN]
- Veteran Caroline Ouellette has been added to the Team Canada roster [Hockey Canada]
- Full Team Canada roster [Hockey Canada] Canada is in the middle of a youth movement, bringing 10 first timers to the World's [Globe & Mail]
- Zoë Hayden previews the tournament [NHL Numbers]
- A staple on the national team since 1994, Hayley Wickenheiser will miss the World's. The 36-year-old has a foot injury and is recovering from surgery [Globe & Mail]
Women's Hockey Links:
- The World Chanmpionships concludes an exciting month for women's hockey. The Boston Blades won the Clarkson Cup earlier in the month [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- This week a National Women's Hockey League was announced [Stanley Cup of Chowder] [Outlook Hockey] with four teams: Buffalo Beauts, New York Riveters, Connecticut Whale, and Boston Pride.