The Ottawa Senators head to Florida for a couple of games starting with tonight's game against the Panthers. The Senators lost 4-1 against the Rangers on Sunday while the Panthers lost 4-2 in New Jersey on the same night. Ottawa is currently three points ahead of the Panthers with the Senators holding the final automatic playoff in the Atlantic Division.
Shane Prince will be a healthy scratch and will be replaced by Mark Borowiecki, who will be playing as a forward. Yes, that's right, I got nothing. On the bright side, Patrick Wiercioch will be back in the top four. Here are the expected lines from Sylvain St-Laurent.
Hoffman - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Zibanejad - Stone
Lazar - Pageau - Chiasson
Borowiecki (!!!!!!) - Dziurzynski - Neil
Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman
Some notes for tonight:
- If Patrick Wiercioch is indeed going to be played on the second pairing, then this lineup is still a net improvement on the last game. Still really really bizarre to play Borowiecki over Prince.
- The Senators actually played a pretty good game in New York on a back-to-back. That is often not enough against Henrik Lundqvist.
- Erik Karlsson is no longer on pace for 100 points. :-(
- Kyle Turris played over 20 minutes after being a game time decision to play at all. Both Bobby Ryan and Mark Stone don't look as dangerous away from him. Or away from Mike Hoffman for that matter.
- Today is the one year anniversary of Paul MacLean being fired.
- You really have to worry for Clarke MacArthur. Is he ever going to play again?
- The Senators had another game of allowing three or more goals. As long as the offence can keep up, it won't be a huge problem. What do you think is more likely, the defence improving or the offence slowing down?
- After 24 shots in four games, Hoffman did not have one on Sunday.
Here are some stats for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from www.puckon.net. Note that Corsi is now adjusted for score as well as the venue and event type.
|Goals||Mike Hoffman||14||Jaromir Jagr||8|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||26||Jaromir Jagr||12|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||32||Jaromir Jagr||20|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman||71||Aaron Ekblad||78|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:34||Brian Campbell||21:06|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Corsi %||47.7%||23rd||48.7%||18th|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Fenwick %||47.6%||23rd||49.1%||19th|