The Ottawa Senators will look to start 2-0 when they visit the struggling Toronto Maple Leafs. Ottawa dominated most of the game against Buffalo but sat back far too much and barely clung on for a 3-1 win. The Leafs lost 3-1 at home to the Canadiens and then followed that up with a 4-0 loss in Detroit last night.
Ottawa will return with the same lineup and Craig Anderson will start in goal again. Here are the lines from Sylvain St-Laurent.
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Ryan - Zibanejad - Lazar
MacArthur - Pageau - Michalek
Chiasson - Smith - Neil
Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Borowiecki
Some notes for tonight:
- The Senators haven't won in Toronto since 17 January 2012 suffering six straight losses. The Senators basically ran the table over the last 20-25 games last season but suffered two losses in Toronto.
- How good was that top line in Buffalo eh? That sequence with the Senators leading 2-0 in the third period and the top line toying with the Sabres was amazing. A 3-0 goal there would have made for a much easier finish though.
- Jared Cowen and Mark Borowiecki were rather decent in the first game and that has some fans cautiously optimistic. I am not one of them though.
- The Leafs traded away one of the Senators' chief tormentors in Phil Kessel and with the Leafs on a back-to-back, Ottawa really should win this. Should.
- It is only one game but I am not sure why Curtis Lazar is getting top six minutes. Not only is it bumping Clarke MacArthur down but it is also forcing Bobby Ryan to play left wing. Puzzling to me anyway.
- Erik Karlsson looked rather subdued in Buffalo. Hopefully a better game tonight from the greatest player in team history.
- I really like Mike Hoffman. Do you like Mike Hoffman? Do your parents like Mike Hoffman? Will you discuss Mike Hoffman over Thanksgiving dinner?
Here are some stats for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from www.puckon.net.
|Goals||Kyle Turris||2||James van Riemsdyk||1|
|Assists||Mike Hoffman||2||Nazem Kadri||1|
|Points||Kyle Turris||2||Dion Phaneuf||1|
|Shots||Kyle Turris||3||Nazem Kadri||8|
|Average Ice time||Marc Methot||23:55||Morgan Rielly||21:03|
|Score adjusted Corsi %||54.6%||9th||45.1%||22nd|
|Score adjusted Fenwick %||53.2%||11th||46.3%||20th|