The second half of the season starts now!
There are no changes to the roster from Saturday's win in Glendale, but there is one change to the lineups with Mika Zibanejad once again on the second line with Mike Hoffman and Bobby Ryan, and Jean-Gabriel Pageau moved down to the third line. Poor Mark Stone continues to be slotted in to the spare parts line.
Here are the lines and pairings from the Sens Game Day Journal.
MacArthur - Turris - Chiasson
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Condra - Pageau - Lazar
Michalek - Legwand - Stone
Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba
Some notes for tonight:
- The power play slump is over! It still has an abysmal success rate under Cameron so far, but the process is there and that was hopefully the start of the success returning
- Speaking of Cameron, this marks his 15th game as the new bench boss
- While the full season possession numbers are still below 50%, under Cameron the 5 on 5 Corsi is up to 51.3%. That would be good enough for 14th overall, right behind tonight's opponent.
- Will Robin Lehner bounce back tonight? He didn't look very good when called in to the game in Colorado, and his last reasonable save percentage was a month ago (literally)
- I wonder if any players are facing their former team for the first time tonight in this game. You think we would have heard something about it if they were.
- Ottawa sits 1 point above .500 and 8 points out of the playoffs. Not good.
- Alternately, Ottawa sits 11 points out of any real chance of winning the draft lottery. Also not good.
Here are some stats for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from naturalstattrick.com.
|Goals||Mike Hoffman||14||Tyler Seguin||26|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||22||Jaime Benn||24|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||29||Tyler Seguin||48|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||151||Tyler Seguin||171|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:17||Trevor Daley||23:49|