The Ottawa Senators will finish off a four game home-stand when they (technically) host the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight. The Senators lost 2-1 in a shootout to the Jets last night while the Maple Leafs won 5-4 at home against the Rangers.
Bobby Ryan will return to the lineup and Erik Condra will sit and Colin Greening will stay in the lineup as well. Despite playing very well recently, Patrick Wiercioch will be a healthy scratch as Chris Phillips is healthy once more. Robin Lehner will be in net.
As there was no morning skate, this is my guess at the lines tonight.
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Zibanejad - Michalek
Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Smith - Legwand - Neil
Borowiecki - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba
Some notes for tonight:
- Ottawa continues to be undefeated at home in regulation, with four wins and three overtime losses.
- Robin Lehner will make his first start since last Saturday in Boston. The Senators were awful in that game and Lehner let in four goals.
- Bobby Ryan will return after missing one game due to injury. He's had only 7 points in 12 games so far this season.
- Kyle Turris has only one point in his last five games. He hasn't scored a goal since the opening night of the season.
- Colin Greening will play consecutive games for the first time this season. He went 13 days between his first two games and another 13 days between his second and third games.
- The Senators have allowed only two goals in their last three games. Not surprisingly, they have taken five out of six points in that span.
- Ottawa is the only team without a win when outshooting the opposition. The Senators have overtime losses in both games in which they had more shots that the opposition including last night. Only the Sabres have outshot the opposition fewer times than the Senators have.
- David Legwand has zero goals, two assists and nine shots in his last eight games.
- This game was originally scheduled in October but was rescheduled due to a shooting at Parliament in Ottawa.
Here are some stats from last season for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from naturalstattrick.com
|Goals||Clarke MacArthur||7||Phil Kessel||8|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||6||Phil Kessel||11|
|Points||Clarke MacArthur||10||Phil Kessel||19|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||50||Phil Kessel||46|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:30||Dion Phaneuf||23:13|
|Corsi Close %||45.57%||26th||49.50%||16th|
|Fenwick Close %||43.30%||29th||49.75%||20th|
|Shots Against||35.6||29th||32.8||26th |