The Ottawa Senators will look for their third consecutive win when they host the Winnipeg Jets tonight. The Senators are 7-3-2 and still undefeated in regulation at home with a 4-0-2 record in Ottawa. The Jets are undefeated in their last seven games overall, going 5-0-2.
Ottawa is expected to go with the same lineup although Bobby Ryan is a game time decision after being slashed against Minnesota. Craig Anderson will start again.
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Smith - Legwand - Neil
Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Borowiecki - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Wiercioch - Gryba
Some notes for tonight:
- If Ottawa wins either tonight or tomorrow, it will be the quickest they have got to eight wins to start a year since they started 8-1-0 (and also 13-1-0) in 2007-2008. The 8-5-2 start in 2009-2010 has been the best since then.
- Craig Anderson has allowed one goal in his last two games. His save percentage of 94.8% is good for first in the NHL.
- After getting no points in his first five games, Patrick Wiercioch now has three points in the last four.
- Clarke MacArthur and Alex Chiasson have combined for seven power play goals. The rest of the team has three.
- Aside from Colin Greening who has played only two games, Erik Condra and Jared Cowen are the only Senators without a point.
- I don't know how accurate the NHL's giveaway/takeaway stats are but Mark Stone has three giveaways and 16 takeaways.
- Erik Karlsson played 28:07 against Minnesota. The next highest defenceman was Jared Cowen at 18:43.
- Ottawa has been outshot by 6.2 shots per game on average. The overtime loss to the Devils was the only game out of 12 where Ottawa has ended the game with more shots than the opposition.
- If you want to donate to Sens Foundation to raise funds for the Canadian Military Families Fund, Eric is running another Sens Money on the Board night.
Here are some stats from last season for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from naturalstattrick.com
|Goals||Clarke MacArthur||7||Andrew Ladd||6|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||6||Toby Enstrom||8|
|Points||Clarke MacArthur||10||Bryan Little||11|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||47||Dustin Byfuglien||46|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:38||Toby Enstrom||24:53|
|Corsi Close %||44.11%||28th||50.68%||16th|
|Fenwick Close %||42.18%||29th||49.85%||16th|