The Senators were nearly doubled in shots on Thursday night when the Predators came to town, but the good news was that the Sens held on for the win 3-2. Robin Lehner was outstanding, enough that he will get the start again this afternoon. After this afternoon's game against the Blues, the Sens head out for five games on the road. The Sens' lineup is unchanged from Thursday night. The Blues will likely start Sens castoff Brian Elliott, who is 1-0-1 in Kanata since being traded by Ottawa.
Below are the expected lines for the game:
MacArthur - Turris - Chiasson
Greening - Legwand -Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Michalek - Smith - Neil
Phillips - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Borowiecki - Gryba
And here are the lines for the Blues:
Berglund - Backes - Oshie
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - Paajarvi
Ott - Lapierre - Reaves
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson - Shattenkirk
Jackman - Cole
Some notes for tonight:
- Lehner gets back-to-back starts for the first time this season. Craig Anderson got four starts in a row after Lehner put in one poor game against the Maple Leafs. We'll see if another good night for Lehner means another start in a row.
- Interestingly, Lehner started both games against the Blues last season. With the Sens playing Monday and Tuesday night, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lehner get Tuesday's start against the Blues.
- The Senators won both games against the Blues last year. The first featured this unforgettable first career goal for Cody Ceci.
- The other game, the Senators won in the shootout. The shootout featured a goal by Stephane Da Costa (remember him?).
- Bobby Ryan has two goals in two games. Let's hope he can make it three.
- The Blues line of Jaden Schwartz, Jori Lehtera, and Vladimir Tarasenko has been on fire. They are 2nd, 3rd, and 1st respectively in team scoring. They have combined for 59 points in the team's first 19 games.
As always, all stats are from NHL.com, except for Corsi and Fenwick, which are from naturalstattrick.com
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:42||25:34|
|EV Corsi %||47.20%||26th||52.80%||5th|
|EV Fenwick %||45.25%||28th||53.55%||4th|