It is all going to come down to the Stanley Cup final for the right to win a prestigious Ottawa Senators hat from the Silver Seven vault. The standings after round three show redwardz technically in the lead, but really I Still Miss Hossa!!! and Scott Mac are in control.
Remember, the bonus for the cup winners are separate from the picks for this round. Picking the correct series winner now will be worth 10 points with an additional five points if the series and the number of games are correct. Predicting the correct Stanley Cup winner before the playoffs is worth 25 points and 15 points if that pick was changed after round one.
Here is a summary of the contenders:
- 1) redwardz has 170 points and he picked Chicago to win the Stanley Cup but only has 15 points available as a bonus.
- 2) I Still Miss Hossa!!! and Scott Mac have 165 points and each have a 25 points available if Chicago wins the Stanley Cup.
- 4) Jahiegel has 160 points but has no Stanely Cup winner bonus available as the Penguins are eliminated. Eliminated almost certainly unless a few people forget to make picks.
- 5) The Tif has 155 points and has 25 points available for a Chicago cup win. Can only win if the leaders forget to make picks for the final round.
- 6) Radek Bonk's Mullet has 150 points, didn't make any picks for round three but still has a shot of winning thanks to a 25 point bonus available for Boston. It is possible he might even win without making any picks in round three or four.
- What could have been for lewysmith? He had 85 points in round 1, nailed both of the conference winners and thus has 135 points despite making no picks in round two. Would very likely be in the lead if he didn't skip the last six series.
I won't tell what the leaders have to do to maximise their chances, but let's see their strategy for juggling their round four picks with their cup winners bonus.