ATTENTION SENS FANS:
Game 2 will soon commence. You are all probably wondering what to expect, and that is wise. I am here to help you with that. See, up until now we have just been writing crap to fill space. But now it's the playoffs, and it's time to give you an actual preview, and not just words on a page.
This season, while you have been whining about Kyle Turris, I have been using my mind to construct a machine letting me capture images from the future. Not a possible future. THE future. I recently captured tonight's CBC stream, and I am here to present you with indisputable visual evidence of how the game will go. Certain things will not look the same to you, but this is because you are dumb. I assure you this is 100% legit.
The first penalty of the game is called on Tomas Plekanec when Kyle Turris shoves him into Craig Anderson.
Of course, this being Ottawa, the power play is completely ineffective and ultimately ends early when known dirty player Erik Karlsson goes to the box for slashing:
The first period would end with Anderson making a huge save on forward Alex Galchenyuk to preserve the 0-0 tie.
I don't know why CBC is advertising for Fox. That's weird. Anyway, the 2nd period will have much more action, as the mysteriously healthy Max Pacioretty takes a beautiful feed from David Desharnais to work a backhand past Anderson. Oh no. Ottawa's vaunted PK is coming undone.
- Someone from Montreal got hurt last night. You may have heard about it.
- Eric Gryba was suspended two games today. Patrick Wiercioch will be a downgrade in terms of physicality, but will he help cut down on the number of shots Craig Anderson sees?
- Speaking of Anderson, he's really good, huh?
- Montreal is supposedly missing an entire first line. Ottawa fans know only too well what that looks like.
- How will the teams react to such an emotionally-charged setting just 24 hours after the incident?
- This is Ottawa's best opportunity to take just their second 2-0 series lead in franchise history. Montreal will be looking for blood. Ottawa should be able to get power play opportunities out of that.
- I'm making victory tacos.