Cory Conacher will play against Tampa Bay while Ben Bishop will play against the Ottawa Senators for the first time as the two clubs meet soon after last week's trade. Craig Anderson will start once again in net.
From Sylvain St-Laurent, here are the lines for tonight.
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Smith - Neil
Kassian - Regin - Condra
Wiercioch - Gonchar
Methot - Gryba
Phillips - Benoit
Some notes for tonight:
- A win would be very welcome tonight. Despite pounding 155 on opposition goaltenders over the last four games, the Senators have come out with only five goals and four regulation losses. Will their luck change against their former teammate?
- With a win, Ottawa would move six points clear of ninth place New Jersey with only nine games left after tonight. The two clubs meet on Thursday in New Jersey.
- Sergei Gonchar has gone pointless in six straight games following his record streak.
- Jim O'Brien will be a healthy scratch for the third straight game. The fourth line hasn't done much but for whatever reason, Matt Kassian continues to stay in the lineup.
- Steven Stamkos hasn't scored a goal in four straight games, only the second time all season he has gone that long without a goal. He is currently second in the NHL in points and tied for first in goals.
- Ottawa's power play has to be better tonight right? No?
- The Lightning desperately need a win tonight, sitting eight points out of a playoff spot.