Luckily, Ottawa Senators fans have been sold on the rebuild. We've bought in, we love the sweet taste of hope and above all we love our prospect porn. We love watching our young players play, and these days, its a good thing.
With the recall of Stephane Da Costa to the big club, tonight's NHL game will feature: Da Costa, Mika Zibanejad, Jakob Silfverberg, Andre Benoit, Mark Borowiecki, Patrick Wiercioch and Ben Bishop. What do all 7 of these players have in common? Well of course they all played the beginning of the season in northern New York playing in the American League.
Now, when you include recent Bingo graduates Erik Condra, Kaspars Daugavins, Jim O'Brien and Colin Greening, you've got 11 of your 20 dressed players as AHL players in the past two years.
This says a couple things about the Ottawa Senators. First, the team is hurting right now. With the loss of Jason Spezza, the flu going through Guillaume Latendresse and Sergei Gonchar, the team is not healthy. Second, it is obvious that the rebuild philosophy has been entirely embraced by the club. They could have gone out to sign a multitude of unemployed free agent veterans, but they have elected to go internally to give kids a chance.
Lastly, and most importantly, this goes to show what an excellent job the Murrays have done both in restocking the cupboard of prospects as well as putting an excellent staff together in Binghamton such that Bingo keeps churning out quality NHLers.
- Top 25 Under 25 reaches one of my favourite prospects: Stefan Noesen. [SSS]
- More prospect porn as Booby tells us about the tough time Bingo is going through. Considering half of their team is playing in the NHL, it really is no surprise. [SSS]
- Keeping with the theme, Varada talks about the reality of the rebuild. [WTYKY]
- Some thoughts on the recall of Da Costa. [6thSens]
- Prediction Panel for tonight is much more optimistic than I, but our leader says Sens win, so Sens win! [SE]
- Division rivalries were supposed to be huge this year, but so far it hasn't been the case. [SE]
- This is the most intense, crazy blog post I've ever seen. Hats off for this amount of work. [PensBlog]