With no practice this morning, we've got to wait for the Senators to post the expected lineups (around 3pm). I'm guessing they'll look pretty similar to last night's though,
and guessing Craig Anderson as the starter due to the back to back.
Edit, 3:05pm: No changes at all, which means Robin Lehner gets the start.
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Spezza - Zibanejad
Conacher - Smith - Neil
Condra - Grant - Greening
Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Borowiecki
Cowen - Wiercioch
Some notes for tonight:
- Just a heads up, the game is on Sportsnet Sens today.
- Important game for the bubble - Ottawa and Carolina are 5 and 3 points (thanks Metro!) out respectively.
- Erik Karlsson is 10th in league scoring. The closest any defenseman has come to finishing in the top 10 in the past 15 years was... Erik Karlsson in 2011-12 (11th). A really good night (3 points) and he could move up to the top 5.
- The MacTurryan line has 6 goals in the past 3 game. That's good.
- Spezza and Michalek haven't been on the ice for an even strength goal in 4 games now. That's not so good.
- Not related to this game, holyshitRonBurgundydoingcolourcommentaryforcurling.
Here are some stats for the two teams this evening.
|Category||Ottawa (The Erik Karlsson show, featuring special guest Bobby Ryan)||Carolina|
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||11||Eric Staal||5|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||17||Eric Staal||9|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||24||Eric Staal||14|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||70||Nathan Gerbe||71|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:38||Justin Faulk||23:45|
|Corsi Close %||48.4%||21st||46.2%||26th|
|Fenwick Close %||46.8%||24th||45.4%||27th|