Yesterday's WIML was a bit of a twist on the standard format and asked not just which was more likely, but which was more likely to happen FIRST: Chris Neil's 800th game or Daniel Alfredsson's 700th assist. Despite an overwhelming majority for Neil in the comments, Alfie walked away with 58% of the vote, and BD Rebuilders tells you why:
So if this goes south, IT IS ON YOU KYLE TURRIS!
As for today we go back to the league, and try out our which is more likely to happen FIRST format with two of the leagues biggest names. Here is today's question.
Which is more likely TO HAPPEN FIRST? A 100 point season from Sidney Crosby OR a 50 goal season for Alex Ovechkin?
Crosby: Does not get much love around these parts due to Pittsburgh Penguin hate, and I can relate to that, but a healthy Sid puts up 100 in his sleep. However, with Evgeni Malkin dominating the league last year and claiming the two best linemates, will Sid get there? And how long will it take him to be back to being Sid?
Ovi: His decline has been well established over the last couple years. Whether it is lack of motivation or training or whether it is the lack of caveman beard since he signed his Gillete sponsorship, Ovi doesn't score goals like he used to. With Adam Oates as his head coach, how long til that turns around?
Let us know what you think!
- The Sens were the 30 in 30 featured team on NHL.com today, so I will link you to a bunch of those stories
- Here are 6 questions facing the team, including what will Karlsson do for an encore and can Guillaume Latendresse replace Nick Foligno's offence [NHL]
- Kyle Turris is the chosen Ottawa Senators X-Factor, and I can't help but agree. [NHL]
- Was last season's success just the beginning? [NHL]
- Here is a look at a potential opening day roster card. Not sure I see Mika making it ahead of Regin, but hey. [NHL]
- NHL.com is also quite enamoured with the prospects that the Senators have, especially Mika Zibanejad. [NHL]
- Speaking of Mika, he is finally getting comfortable in Ottawa, where I hope to see him grow into a great player. [Sens]
- Latest player profile is the one and only Chris Neil. [Sens]