The NHL Entry Draft is right around the corner (June 22 in Pittsburgh), so you know what that means: Blogs everywhere are taking part in mock drafts! We are no exception. Over the course of the next week and a half, hockey blogs across SB Nation will be making their picks and publishing them across the network. Picks one through six are already published (I've linked to them below the jump), and the Senators are on deck with the 15th overall pick.
Although we won't be outlining exactly where players are selected (I wouldn't want to steal the thunder of my fellow site managers), I will say that there are still plenty of good players left: Defenders like Matt Finn, Slater Koekkoek, and Hampus Lindholm, plus forwards including Pontus Aberg, Sebastian Collberg, Martin Frk, and Tomas Hertl all remain available in the mock draft--and those are just some of the names the editors on this site have considered! With all the parity through the first round of this year's draft, there are lots of potential stars still on the board, and we'll see some picked late in the real draft, too.
But now we put the question to you: Among those names, which player would you like the Ottawa Senators to select if given the opportunity? Alternatively, who do you think might fall to the Sens in the draft who you'd love to get into Ottawa's system?
Links after the jump
SB Nation Mock Draft:
- Edmonton Oilers: Nail Yakupov (Copper & Blue)
- Columbus Blue Jackets: Filip Forsberg (The Cannon)
- Montreal Canadiens: Mikhail Grigorenko (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
- New York Islanders: Alex Galchenyuk (Lighthouse Hockey)
- Toronto Maple Leafs: Ryan Murray (Pension Plan Puppets -- not yet published)
- Anaheim Ducks: Matt Dumba (Battle of California)
- The Sens won't be reuniting with Chris Kelly; the centreman signed a four-year, $12M (!) extension with the Boston Bruins yesterday. (Stanley Cup of Chowder)
- Did you hear that the Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup last night? (SB Nation, Jewels from the Crown)
- A good look at how the Kings were built. (Arctic Ice Hockey)
- A look at the deliciously tempting Zach Parise sweepstakes. Ottawa is a beautiful, cosmopolitan, exciting city, Zach; come check it out! (In Lou We Trust)