It's Friday, Friday! Got to watch Sens on Friday!
C'est très simple. Beat les Canadiens tonight and the Senators will go to sleep in first place all by themselves. (Edit: Mark here. Think about that. Now pump up with me. [Edit again: Peter here. Pump up with me, instead.]) They are playing the worst team in the eastern conference, but it hasn't been easy for Ottawa, losing three of the four games so far to Montréal.
Ben Bishop will start again while Alex Auld is now up to solving the sudoku puzzles on "medium". Bobby Butler will come back into the lineup in the place of Kaspars Daugavins. Here are the lines from Nicolas St-Pierre.
More after the jump.
Here are things to look out for tonight:
- Karlsson the sniper: Karlsson has 11 goals in 14 games. He has 0 assists in 7 games. Discuss.
- Solving Carey Price: Ottawa played very, very well and outplayed the Habs for large chunks of the last game. Unfortunately Price was the difference. Can Ottawa get a few by him this time?
- Goal drought for Alfie: The captain has no goals and just two assists in the last eight games. He does have four shots in each of the last three games.
- FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The return of Butlah: Bobby Butler simply hasn't been able to hold down a spot in the lineup. Is there any reason to think he will be able to this time?
- Will Mark show up?: As you likely noticed, the last game thread simply wasn't the same without Mark. Will that change this time? Will the early 7:00 start cause additional problems? Calling it now: Mark shows up. (edit: He doesn't even know I'm doing this. So awesome. Does this count as showing up? Calling it now: no.)