What a nice time to be a Binghamton resident these days! (Straight faced, I promise). The local boys have fired off 6 straight victories and no highly touted prospect has bashed their city in recent weeks! But more about the team on the ice. After a 6-1 shellacking of Bridgeport the other night, the Baby Senators have now won 6 straight games, and they do not look to be slowing down. The offence is finally coming alive, thanks in major part to Derek Grant and Tyler Eckford of all people, and with Robin Lehner playing like a world beater and Ben Bishop rounding into form, the BSENS have it going on.
Going into last Thursday's game against the Toronto Marlies, 7 Marlies players had more points than Binghamton's leading scorer, but that looks to be changing. Derek Grant is on a tear, up to 6 goals on the season now, and Jakob Silfverberg seems to be rounding into form and is one point off the team lead. Mika Zibanejad even broke his goose egg, netting his first pro goal.
The real story in Bingo has been the goaltending though. In 6 games in November, Robin Lehner has a record of 5-0-1 and that shootout loss was after a 65 minute shutout. The man is playing possessed, and that can only mean good things for the organization as a whole. Ben Bishop, after too very shaky starts to begin the season, has settled in as well, winning his last two starts.
One can only assume, with the amount of young talent in the forward ranks and the unreal goaltending from two strong starters, that as Bingos young kids start adjusting the winning shouldn't stop anytime soon.
See? There are bright things in hockey still!
- Amelia hits #18 in her "By the Numbers" Series. [SSS]
- This AHL roundup by NHL.com highlights how "Lehner has been lights out" [NHL]
- Jakob Silfverberg thinks he's having a tough time adjusting, but by watching him, you'd never know. [SensExtra]
- Sens Twitter account made a little mistake last week. [6thSens]
- Recap of the BSENS-Bridgeport game. [BSENS]
- Frederik Claesson has quietly played very well in Bingo this year, which is great for organizational depth. [SensExtra]
- Sick video of Kyle Turris sniping as a 9 year old, if you haven't yet seen it. [6thSens]
- NHL cancels games through to December 14th, and the All-Star game! Happy Holidays! [NHL]