It is the last day of August! Tomorrow is September and there is preseason hockey (and a rookie tournament) in September. The rookie tournament runs from the 10th to the 13th, and preseason starts on the 19th. Before then, the US Open lasts until the 11th. Everything's coming up Adnan!
Also, both Silver Seven fantasy leagues are now filled up with twenty people in each league for a total of 39 different people (I am in both :P). Thanks to everyone for their interest!
Here are today's links:
- James Mirtle notes that the Senators rebuild is centred around the club's Swedish prospects, including a leading candidate for the Calder Trophy, David Rundblad. In addition to Rundblad, the Senators future roster should include all-star defenceman Erik Karlsson, as well as goaltender Robin Lehner and forward Jakob Silfverberg. He did forget Mika Zibanejad though. Mirtle mentions that the Senators might have to trade a player to make room for Rundblad on the roster. (Globe and Mail)
- James Gordon also feels that the Senators should try to make room for Rundblad. He thinks Brian Lee provides excellent value given his young age and low salary, and thinks the Senators should trade Filip Kuba to make room, because even if Kuba improves, at best he will fetch a second or third round pick later in the year. (Senators Extra)
- Nichols, however, doesn't believe the Senators should try and make room for Rundblad and would rather he start the season in the AHL feeling he could use some time in Binghamton like Erik Karlsson. I do want to point out though, that Karlsson only played 10 games down there so I am not sure how much that helped him. Rundblad is also older than Karlsson was at the time. (The 6th Sens)
- Jared over at Sens Shot got some insight into Senators prospect Shane Prince via an interview with Shane's sister, Olivia, who is a competitive gymnast. (Sens Shot)
- Pascal Leclaire still isn't fully healthy yet and has had a couple other set backs over the summer. If there is ever a guy who is injury prone, it's this guy. It's a shame though, because the guy is talented when healthy. (Ottawa Citizen)
- The Senators have announced a three-year extension with The Team 1200 to broadcast their games on radio. (Ottawa Senators)