It was a glorious long weekend full of lots of sleeping and some sci-fi. I finished Stargate: SG1, all 10 seasons (no, not all this weekend) and the two DVD movies! Next up? Stargate: Universe. Sci-fi is great, yes?
Here are today's links:
- As you may have heard, Daniel Alfredsson was kicking ass at a charity tennis tournament, so his back is looking fine. Between Alfie, Mika Zibanejad having to choose between hockey and tennis, and Erik Karlsson playing tennis with Jarkko Ruutu, the Sens have quite a few tennis fans. Move over Robin Soderling! (Ottawa Citizen)
- Senshot asks what are we expecting from the Senators this season? There will be a lot of interesting story lines, with a new coach, a new look lineup and a lot of young players. (Senshot)
- With Mika Zibanejad and Erik Karlsson having joined twitter (although Karlsson sadly deleted his account within a few days), here is a look at how careful athletes have to be in their 140 characters. (Ottawa Citizen)
- The future of the Islanders in Long Island is uncertain after voters rejected $400 million in public funding for a new arena in a referendum last night. Les Islandiques de Quebec? (TSN)
- Shea Weber will go into an arbitration hearing after he failed to reach an agreement with the Nashville Predators by today's 8 a.m. deadline. (USA Today)