Bonjour! Il fait pleut! Woo hoo! July is almost done, so we are slowly inching closer to a return to hockey. Very, very slowly.
Here are today's links:
- Senshot takes a look at whether Filip Kuba can bounce back. I am not sure whether I agree with Kuba being on a continuous decline, as his 28 points in 53 games in 2009-2010 was at a 43 points pace. Still, Senshot thinks Kuba is less likely to bounce back than Chris Phillips. With Erik Karlsson, Sergei Gonchar and David Rundblad in the lineup, Kuba's power play time should certainly decrease. (Senshot)
- Brian Lee hopes that he can finally pick up where he finished a season off, and cement a permanent NHL spot. (WDAY AM 970)
- Binghamton is going to have a new look roster next year, and like any AHL club, the decision was the parent club's. (WBNG)
- Here is a podcast that takes a look at the David Rundblad/Vladimir Tarasenko trade among other topics. Yes, technically the trade was for a draft pick used to draft Tarasenko. (Dobber Hockey)
- The Hockey News points out that the Senators second line might resemble an AHL line, which is pretty fair. Still, there is a some potential and a lot of upside in some of our top six candidates. (The Hockey News)
- The OHL had another strong draft, having a total of 46 players selected in the 2011 draft, including 10 of the top 30. (Hockeys Future)