The Senators once again try to end their losing streak, facing off against the Calgary Flames. The two clubs met on January 14th and the Senators went into the game one point behind the Flames. Since then, the Senators have gone 0-8-2 while the Flames have gone 9-1-2. For the record, if the Senators had gone 9-1 in the last 10 games, they would be one point behind the Carolina Hurricanes for the last playoff spot.
Here are today's links:
- Game preview. (NHL.com, Sens Extra)
- Five panelists predict a loss tonight (three of them by a 3-2 score), one predicts a win. (Sens Extra)
- The starter for tonight's game is
RobinKing Lehner. (Don Brennan)
- Daniel Alfredsson is a doubt for tonight's game while Jesse Winchester is out for at least a week. (Sun)
- UPDATE: Alfredsson will apparently be out a couple weeks with a lower back injury. (Citizen Twitter)
More after the jump.
General Sens News
- The Senators are Jason Spezza's team and Daniel Alfredsson approves of Spezza's leadership. (Sun)
- Milan Michalek is having trouble sleeping due to the injury to Keith Ballard. (Sun)
- Chris Phillips is last in the NHL in plus/minus, Erik Karlsson is second last and Filip Kuba is fourth last. *sad face* (Sun)
General Hockey News
- Anton Volchenkov has been suspended for three games for an elbow to the head. Hopefully he will clear this up in today's Ask Anton. (TSN)
- Matt Cooke is at it again, after going knee-on-knee with Alexander Ovechkin on Sunday, he hit Fedor Tyutin of the Columbus Blue Jackets from behind last night. Jeremy Roenick wants him suspended for twenty games. (Yahoo!)