It's the league's top team against one that seems destined for the bottom tonight in Vancouver as the Canucks host the Senators tonight. It might not be a pretty one for the Senators, who've lost nine in a row, especially since Brian Elliott is expected to get the start and has lost his last 12 decisions (not to mention setting the Sens up for their loss last game, even if he didn't get tagged with the decision). But here are a few players I'll be watching tonight:
- Brian Elliott: Same thing I said last game, really; he's got to get better fast, because he's running out of chances to show what he can do as a starter, and his contract's up after this season. Could do himself some favours if he'd improve his game.
- Alex Kovalev: A goal in each game since the All-Star Break, and five points overall. He seems to be recharged for a late-season push.
- Daniel Sedin: Has an eight-game point streak (1G, 11A) and is leading the Canucks in scoring.
- Henrik Sedin: I'll probably get him confused with Daniel.
- Mikael Samuelsson: After an extended drought, Samuelsson has eight points (3G, 5A) in his last five games.
It's a late one tonight, but join us here to talk about the game and who the Sens might pick with the first overall choice in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.