Maybe this weekend you were watching a game and wondering, "Who the hell is Colin Greening?" Or maybe you were saying to yourself, "Uh, is Chris Kelly hurt?" Or maybe you were thinking, "Why is our goalie suddenly positioned correctly in front of the post?" Maybe you weren't thinking any of those things. I don't really know. What I do know is that this has been a tumultuous week for the Senators, and a lot of familiar faces aren't around anymore.
Essentially, once Mike Fisher was traded, GM Bryan Murray screamed, "JENGA!" and it's been a free-for-all ever since. As of Sunday, here's where we're at:
- Mike Fisher traded to Nashville for Nashville's 1st round pick and a conditional 2012 draft pick. Here's our analysis.
- Chris Kelly traded to Boston for Boston's 2nd round pick. This one caught a lot of people by surprise, but Peter has some good analysis here.
- Jarkko Ruutu traded to Anaheim for a 6th round pick. Ruutu had been an obvious part of Senate Reform since it was clear the team was going that route. Discussion of the move is here.
- Brian Elliott traded to Colorado for Craig Anderson. Not on anyone's radar, you can talk about it right here.
Not to toot our own horn, but our "Senators for Sale" series has done a pretty good job of predicting what the team might get in return for the players we think might be traded. If you missed it, here are the remaining candidates to get the dreaded scarlet letter.
- Senators for Sale: Alex Kovalev
- Senators for Sale: Chris Phillips
- Senators for Sale: Filip Kuba
- Senators for Sale: Chris Campoli
- Senators for Sale: Sergei Gonchar
- Senators for Sale: Chris Neil
- Senators for Sale: Brian Lee
Check them out. It's been a wild week, and there's no sign of Bryan Murray stopping anytime soon. Stick with us as we try to make sense of the carnage together.