I wanted to incorporate elephants into my lede today, but couldn't figure out how. So I decided to make an acrostic poem about the Senators with the word itself:
- E-rik Karlsson
- H-e'll need
- T-o help the Sens win tonight
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Alex Ovechkin: There isn't a game against the Capitals where you won't be watching the Great Eight. He's having an off-season, but he's still a damn good player.
- Brian Elliott: Dude is s-t-r-u-g-g-l-i-n-g. He really needs to get things going soon, because Robin Lehner is nipping at his heels.
- Nick Foligno: With 3P (2G, 1A) in the last two games, Foligno's solid second-quarter play has continued. The Senators are hoping things keep going.
- Milan Michalek: Another guy with 3P in 2GP, and last game he finally hit the ten-goal mark. He looks like his speed has come back, which makes him an actual scoring threat.
- Chris Campoli: Not happy after being scratched on a couple consecutive game nights, how will Campoli respond?
So we'll see what happens tonight. One of two things: The Senators will get closer to the playoffs, or will get closer to a lottery pick! Couturier? More like WHOOOOOOOOOO-turier! Join us in the comments for some good times.