The Sens are in Boston tonight to take on the Northeast Division-leading Boston Bruins. The Bruins are coming off a spectacular last-minute come-from-behind victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins last night, so they may be a little tired, but will almost certainly be high on momentum for tonight's matchup.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Erik Karlsson: Named to the NHL All-Star Game earlier in the day, Karlsson's got to be pretty stoked about it. I know I would be.
- Mark Recchi: Powered the Bruins to their win last night, and tonight will be his 1,613th career game, which will put him eighth all-time in games played.
- Brian Elliott: Has strung together a few good games, despite not winning either of them. Cory Clouston still does not want to play Mike Brodeur, so it's likely Elliott will sink or swim tonight.
- Jesse Winchester: Has been great all season (or at least 'great' based on what we expect of him), and for some reason seems to enjoy trying to hit Zdeno Chara. We'll see how that goes.
- Jim O`Brien: After a good first couple of NHL games, O'Brien's back with the team now. He's in a better position in the lineup, too (second line), which is a good opportunity for him to drive the net and wreak some havoc.
- Tim Thomas: Expected to get the start for Boston tonight, Thomas was also named an All-Star today. He's had a heck of a season and has a history of being a Sens killer, so it should be a good game for him.
Should be a good game tonight. Join us here throughout to talk about it.