The Ottawa Senators get set to host the Atlanta Thrashers, who are among the NHL's hottest teams right now. Atlanta is 8-2 in the last ten games, but the Senators can be somewhat optimistic because the Thrashers are only 3-2 in the last five.
Some trends I'll be watching tonight:
- Dustin Byfuglien: Leads the Thrashers in scoring, and has 9P (2G, 7A) in the last 7GP.
- Erik Karlsson: Currently working on a three-game point streak with 1G, 3A in that time.
- Bryan Little: The one-time No Habs No! hero has a three-game point streak, too.
- Brian Elliott: Gets the start tonight after a couple of bad outings. How will he fare?
- Ondrej Pavelec: Like the Thrashers, has won eight of his last ten starts. And he's got two shutouts and a GAA of 1.39 over that span. He won't be easy to beat.
- Filip Kuba and Sergei Gonchar: Loads of experience, but slow, and defensively challenged at times. How will the two do together?
- Chris Phillips: Had his best game of the season last Saturday. Was it a sign that he's back to form, or an aberration?
Join us here for loads of in-game discussion.