The Ottawa Senators are currently in the midst of a season high three game wining streak, while the Thrashers have lost their last two. The two teams are currently tied in the standings, each having played 14 games and sitting with 15 points. Though Atlanta's no slouch, Ottawa needs to capitalize on what is the weakest opponent they'll be facing for the next stretch -- after Atlanta, the Sens face Vancouver, Boston, Philadelphia, Carolina, St. Louis, and Los Angeles in their next six games.
Though I won't be watching, here's who I would be watching if I wasn't on a ferry during the game:
- Dustin Byfuglien: the big man has been playing defense this season (filling the void left by the departure of Christoph Schubert, of course), and currently sits at 13 points. For those keeping score at home, that means he's tied with Daniel Alfredsson.
- Alex Burmistrov: Remember the kid we picked at #16 in the SBNation mock draft? He was drafted 8th overall, and managed to make the Thrashers out of camp.
- Peter Regin: He's tied for second on the team in assists, but still has yet to pot his first goal of the season. Will tonight be the night?
- Alex Kovalev: He's only three points away from 1000, and has been on a hot streak lately.
- Jarkko Ruutu: Pointless in his last 8 games, it would be great if Ruutu could get on the board.
As always, please join in with your input and opinions in the comments!