The Ottawa Senators take on the Edmonton Oilers in a battle of two of the league's free-falling teams (Ottawa has eight points in the last ten games, Edmonton has six over the same span). But the Sens won their last game, while the Oil lost theirs. So who knows what's in store.
A few things I'll be looking for tonight:
- Brian Elliott: Will he find his way back to the play that was serving him well earlier in the season? He had a shutout on Saturday, but it wasn't a game he had to steal. Can he play well, or will Clouston end up regretting not going back to Pascal Leclaire?
- Martin Gerber: I'm guessing Darth gets the start for the Oilers tonight, after Devan Dubnyk played last game. Gerber has one start this year, and one win, and has traditionally played a big part in Senators defeats (whether he was with the opposition or not). Will he use the Senators as a stepping stone in resuscitating his career?
- Nick Foligno: Seriously. It's time. I don't know what he did wrong to earn this goalless drought, but I think he's been punished enough.
- Alex Kovalev - Mike Fisher - Milan Michalek: Will these guys keep rolling after an incredible game on Saturday?
- Jason Spezza: Only has one point in the last six games. Will he get back on the right track?
- Jordan Eberle: Is he as heroic as I've been led to believe?
Join us here for the game tonight!
And some pre-game video from Cory Clouston: