After losing opening night against the Buffalo Sabres, the Senators are entering the Battle of Ontario to face the Toronto Maple Leafs, who are sporting a winning record for the first time in recent memory. As was the case yesterday, Jason Spezza is a game-time decision. Hopefully he proves to be healthy, as the Jason Spezza-less offense last night was absolutely mediocre and struggled to create anything.
Can Ottawa put forward a better performance than they did last night? Can they beat a Toronto team that dominated them last season? Here's who I'll be watching:
- Pascal Leclaire - he kept the Senators in the game last night, and he gets the start again tonight. Let's see if he can show some consistency, something he struggled with last season.
- Alex Kovalev - Though he didn't record a point, he was Ottawa's best forward last night. Let's hope he shows the same kind of effort tonight.
- Chris Kelly, Chris Neil, Jarkko Ruutu - the Ottawa Senators' best line last night will hopefully keep up their good work against the Leafs tonight.
- Milan Michalek & Mike Fisher - Last night, both players were turning pucks over and playing far below their usual standards. I expect both to have a bounce back game tonight.
- Matt Carkner - Will he drop the mitts? I hope not, as Ottawa can't afford to be without his physical presence on the back-end for 5 minutes, particularly against a team like Toronto.
As always, join us before, during, and after the game in the comments section to chat about the game!