It's gameday once again for the Ottawa Senators as they take on the Montreal Canadiens tonight, but as you can imagine, the headlines are filled with articles about Daniel Alfredsson's historic achievement.
- Some other blogs on Alfie's 1,000: Battle of Ontario, Sens Chirp, SENS Town, The Breakout Pass, Five for Smiting, SenSay.
- And some MSM recaps: Citizen, Sun (where Garrioch points out the fact that Alfie also scored his first NHL point against Buffalo), AP,CBC, Buffalo News.
- Wyshynski predicted Alfie would get his 1,000th point last night, and then gave him first-star honours for the night. (Puck Daddy)
- Alfie was also first star on NHL.com.
Zack Smith has been recalled, as Jason Spezza will continue to sit with a groin injury. (Twitter)
- Brian Elliott gets the start tonight. (Twitter)
- Apparently Robin Lehner is more patient than most Senators fans, because he's willing to wait his turn for a shot in the NHL. (Citizen)
- Pascal Leclaire is skating with the team again, but not quite ready to play yet. (Sun)
- Sens defenceman Erik Karlsson and Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers are both having a bit of a sophomore slump. But then, Karlsson had two assists last night and played pretty well. (Citizen)
- The Ottawa brass is high on Bobby Butler. (AHL)
- An article citing Jared Cowen as an example that the NHL-CHL transfer agreement needs to be renegotiated. I disagree: I like junior hockey getting to reap what they've sown when it comes to young stars. (CBS Sports)