New and notes for game day against the Boston Bruins:
- I expected Alex Picard to draw back in after Chris Campoli's awful game last game, but I didn't expect to see Brian Elliott get that start today--but he is. I guess it's just a chance for Pascal Leclaire to take it easy for a couple days. (Twitter)
- After signing Miroslav Satan yesterday, Boston's going to have him in the lineup for tonight's game. Oh yeah, and in a surprise move, Tim Thomas is starting. (Remember him? The guy who's beaten Ottawa ten consecutive times?) (Twitter)
- Check out the prediction panel for tonight's game; four pick Boston (myself included, traitor I am) and two pick Ottawa. (Citizen)
- Alex Kovalev is on a one-game, four-goal-a-game scoring streak. Will he keep it going? Either way, he's got everyone talking about him in a positive light now. (Sun)
- In other news, Patrice Bergeron's injury during last night's game has renewed the possibility of Mike Fisher joining Team Canada for the Olympics. Preliminary timelines have Bergeron out for 2-3 weeks, so it might not even be an issue.
- Remember Brian Lee? He's finally off that curious injury, and scored the game-winner in his first game back for Binghamton. (Examiner)