Hi, I'm here for my weekly afternoon appointment with the Boston Bruins?
It certainly feels that way, anyway. In a rematch of Monday's afternoon game, the Senators visit the Bs for another afternoon intra-divisional matchup. It's a huge game, to be certain, one of those so-called "four-point" games. If Ottawa wins, they're up six on the Bruins and closing in quickly on the Pittsburgh Penguins; if they lose, they're only two points up on Boston. Some trends to keep an eye out for:
- It's crazy, but the Senators' five-game winning streak has also coincided with a huge number of scoring streaks, none better than Alex Kovalev's five-game point scoring streak (1G, 5A).
- The captain has been incredible in the four games since his return: 8P (4G, 4A) in 4GP. What will Daniel Alfredsson do as an encore to his three-goal performance last game against Boston?
- And don't look know, but Peter Regin is playing like a bona fide top-six forward developed from... within the organization? Five points (2G, 3A) in his last two games.
- Not to be outdone, Mike Fisher has 7P (2G, 5A) in his last five games.
- Apparently the Senators have so much offence, they've re-assigned Zack Smith (2G in the last 4GP) to Binghamton. But that's because Jason Spezza is probably back this afternoon.
- On the Boston end, the Bruins have one win in their last seven games (1-1-5 record).
As always, stop in and join us in the comments section for the live GameThread.