Two Olympic events on tap for today: The men's 50 km mass-start cross-country skiing race at 12:30 p.m. EST, but the main event is going to be the men's hockey gold-medal game between Canada and the United States at 3:15 p.m. EST.
The USA took the round-robin matchup between the two teams by a 5-3 score, and Ryan Miller has backstopped them to a perfect 5-0 record so far, allowing only six goals in those five games. Since the last meeting, though, Canada's woken up in the tournament, quickly ousting Germany before dominating Russia and then squeaking by Slovakia to get to the gold-medal game. So often in meetings between these two teams, though, past games won't likely matter; there's going to be plenty on the line.
Game time is 3:15 p.m. EST, join us in the live thread during the game to talk about it.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team