- Prospects Patrick Wiercioch and Jared Cowen are both attending Canada's World Junior development camp that started today. Cowen is not participating in any scrimmages to help the knee rehabilitation process. (OurSports)
- Jarkko Ruutu is one of 42 players that will be competing for a spot on Finland's Olympic roster. The camp starts on August 10. (NHL.com)
- Although you've likely already read about it, it's worth noting that former Senator Patrick Eaves inked a deal with the Detroit Red Wings. We wish Patty all the best in his new surroundings, and hopefully he'll be able to fulfill that potential we saw in his early campaigns. Read more about the signing over at Winging it in Motown.
- FanHouse is running through a list of the Top 50 NHL players right now, and though they are not finished as of writing, they are almost certainly done with the Sens (unless Jesse Winchester rears his head in the top ten). Making the list were the obvious choices: Jason Spezza at #34, Daniel Alfredsson at #32, and Dany Heatley at #16. Brian Murray is no doubt shaking his head about the lack of a Kovalev mention on there... (FanHouse)
- We don't give much weight to rumours around here, but speaking of Heatley... Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun claims that a "league source" has "said" that "Heatley" will be a member of the "San Jose Sharks" in the "next two days." Oh, did I include enough quotation marks? (Off the Posts)
- For more Heatley-related quotes, you can head to Toronto on August 18th for the Canadian Hockey Summit, where Heater is scheduled to speak. (Vancouver Sun, h/t to SensChirp)
- Finally, Chris Neil speaks once again on how the team would accept Heatley back next season because players are more lenient than the media. Really? (National Post)