Quick rundown of a few of the NHL trade deadline motivated hockey trade rumours circulating here on SBN and on other sources:
- According to Sportsnet, Filip Kuba--likely Ottawa's most valuable asset on the market right now--would be willing to waive his no-trade clause if he's unable to reach a contract extension with the Senators (which is unlikely).
GP G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG GTG SOG PCT 2008 - Filip Kuba 53 1 27 28 10 24 1 0 0 0 88 1.1
- Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy also talked about Kuba in his Trade Bait listing, suggesting possible destinations of Montreal, Philadelphia, or Columbus. He also discussed Chris Neil, who Wyshynski said would help Vancouver, Pittsburgh, and Detroit.
GP G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG GTG SOG PCT 2008 - Chris Neil 44 2 4 6 -12 127 0 0 0 0 43 4.7
- Looking for the Sens to trade Jason Spezza come deadline day? Don't hold your breath, as the Ottawa Sun quoted GM Bryan Murray saying that he won't be traded.
GP G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG GTG SOG PCT 2008 - Jason Spezza 61 22 28 50 -12 48 9 1 3 0 176 12.5
- Hooks Orpik over at Pensburgh posted about a Pierre LeBrun rumour that the Penguins had discussed re-acquiring Jarkko Ruutu from the Sens. There are no untouchables this year, but Ruutu's still got a pretty reasonable two years at $1.3M on his contract, and assuming Neil is on his way out, we'll need Ruutu's grit moving forward.
GP G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG GTG SOG PCT 2008 - Jarkko Ruutu 57 5 10 15 -1 112 0 1 0 0 65 7.7
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun presented a few goaltending options for the Senators, including Pascal Leclaire, Kari Lehtonen, Nikolai Khabibulin, Scott Clemmensen, Niklas Backstrom, and Manny Fernandez. Some of those names really scare me.
GP MIN W L T EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO 2008 - Scott Clemmensen 40 2356 25 13 1 5 94 2.39 1138 1044 .917 2
- Another story on Sportsnet, but this one's just a lark: Ian Mendes made a few trade recommendations based solely on how funny they would be, including the Senators acquiring Gary Roberts just on time to miss the playoffs (that's not funny) and a three-team deal involving Ruutu, Jordin Tootoo, and Jonathan Cheechoo.
GP G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG GTG SOG PCT 2008 - Gary Roberts 30 4 3 7 -11 27 2 0 1 0 32 12.5
- Not a rumour, but still trade-related: Remember in last off-season when Murray traded Larry Nycholat to Vancouver for Ryan Shannon? Well, now Shannon is on Ottawa contributing to the offence, and Nycholat has been put on waivers, accoring to Nucks Misconduct.
GP G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG GTG SOG PCT 2008 - Ryan Shannon 14 3 3 6 -2 0 1 0 0 0 19 15.8