Tuesday, Dec 8, 2009, 7:30 PM EST
Enemy: Habs Eyes On The Prize
The Senators host the Habs tonight at Scotiabank Place after finishing a 1-3-1 road trip with a win in Anaheim. The Sens have beaten the Habs the last three times they've met, and hope to keep that trend going tonight. Ottawa has been dominant at home this season, 6-0-1 in the last seven at Scotiabank Place. The starting goalies will be Brian Elliott and Jaroslav Halak. Here are some other players to watch out for (stats thanks to TSN):
- Alex Kovalev will look to shine against his former team. AK27 has three assists in the past three games, but only 2 shots on goal in the past five.
- Jason Spezza had a goal and an assist in the game on Sunday against the Ducks, and will hopefully improve upon his abnormally low point totals (3G, 17P in 26GP).
- Jonathan Cheechoo seemed to really find his game during the last road trip, and hopefully he can continue to shine on the ice at home.
- Nick Foligno has not stood out since being a healthy scratch a few games ago, and really needs to step up his play. Chris Campoli, on the other hand, has been great since returning to action after being scratched.
- Habs forward Mike Cammalleri has four goals in his last two games.
As always, join along in the comments before and after the puck drops.