Tonight the Ottawa Senators take on the Boston Bruins in what could be a deceptive divisional game. Ottawa is 3-2-0 in their last five games, while Boston in a bit of a slump, going 1-2-2 in their last five. Ottawa will need to continue their strong defensive play from last game to win here, as Boston has taken both previous match ups by way of shootout victory – Identical 4-3 victories. I’m always wary when the team comes off of a strong performance and faces a struggling opponent – hopefully the Bruins don’t unleash their frustrations tonight. Players to watch tonight include:
- Tim Thomas: THE original Sens Killer, Thomas is going to make some saves tonight that will just frustrate Sens fans.
- Erik Karlsson: He scored his first NHL goal on Saturday against Minnesota and has put together a string of three strong games. He needs to continue his improvement--the team will need his offensive skills with Jason Spezza out long-term.
- Zdeno Chara: Doesn’t it seem like every game against Ottawa, Chara unleashes a cannonball from the point while on the power play that plows through five people on its way to the back of the net?
- Brian Elliott: Elliott gets the start after some shaky play against New Jersey and a strong game from Mike Brodeur. I thought Not Martin might warrant a second start, but it seems that will not be the case. Elliott must play like the guy who shut out the Flyers to give the team a chance to win.
- Mike Fisher: Fisher should be playing with an emotional boost tonight.
Please join us in the comments section for in-game discussion, learning how to pump up, and whatever else comes to mind.