Ottawa Senators. New Jersey Devils. Ummm... Re-match from the 2007 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals? I don't know how to hype the game, but 's bound to be a good one. The Devils could be Ottawa's biggest test of the season so far (aside from the Pittsburgh Penguins), and come in undefeated on the road in seven games this season.
Notes for the game tonight (from the Senators' NHL game notes):
- The last time Ottawa beat New Jersey was Oct. 27, 2007; more than two years ago.
- Ottawa is 19-31-5-8 all-time against the Devils.
- Jason Spezza has 7P (1G, 6A) in his last 3GP in Ottawa.
- Mike Fisher's on a two-game goal-scoring streak.
- Daniel Alfredsson is on an eight-game point streak (4G, 9A, 13P)
- Brian Rolston is on a two-game goal-scoring streak.
Read more to see the projected Ottawa Senators line, and to join the GameThread--as always, open to all of your pre-, mid-, and post-game thoughts.