Thursday, Nov 26, 2009, 7:30 PM EST
Enemy: The Cannon
Coming off a road loss to New Jersey last night, the Sens are back at home to take on the Columbus Blue Jackets. Ottawa has won the last four at home, outscoring opponents 18-10. Columbus, meanwhile, has let in 16 goals in the past three games. Chris Neil is, as mentioned below, out for the next couple of weeks. So, who should we be watching?
- Alex Kovalev - He missed the past three games for personal reasons, and is joining a much different team than the one he left. He won't have Mike Fisher on his line putting pucks in, so he'll have to do some scoring of his own.
- Milan Michalek - Yes, his speed always important, but right now I'm more interested right now in seeing Milan stand in front of the net, screen the goalie, and tip pucks in. It's been his go-to move lately, and it seems to be working for him: he has five points in as many games, including 4 goals.
- Jesse Winchester - Winnie has been great since returning to the line up, and he assisted on the only goal for the Sens last night. I hope he keeps up his hustle and strong physical play - something that the Sens desperately need while missing Fisher and Neil.
- Chris Phillips - Someone has to keep Rick Nash in check, and with Anton Volchenkov still out, that someone is Phillips.
- Antoine Vermette- I loved Vermette while he was a Senator, even if he frustrated me to no end by not living up to my unreasonable expectations. It'll be fun to see him back in Ottawa, and the Sens know to watch out for his faceoffs, penalty killing, and speed.
- Steve Mason - Any fantasy owner can tell you that Mason has had his struggles this season, including a .890 save percentage this month. I hope he eventually gets over this sophomore slump, but I also hope that he doesn't get over it tonight.
As always, follow along with the fun in the comments before and during the game!