Darren's Take: There's been enough talk in the media about how this is the first time that the Senators will face former goaltender Ray Emery, so I'm going to skip that analysis. The things I'm going to be paying attention to:
- Pascal Leclaire, who has to bounce back after letting in a soft goal late in the third against the Oilers. Bringing his SV% above .900 would be great, too.
- Jonathan Cheechoo, who starts on the second line tonight. After breaking his goalless slump with a beautiful one-timer last game, Cheech has to continue to get pucks in the net.
- Alex Kovalev, who is coming off of a very strong performance where a physical forecheck led to the Cheechoo goal. Let's hope he keeps up the intensity.
- Discipline, something the Senators had in spades last game as they were shorthanded only once. The Sens need to keep that up against the Flyers, who have a dangerous and talented powerplay.
- The line of Nick Foligno-Peter Regin-Ryan Shannon, which was absolutely buzzing last game and should be plenty of fun to watch again tonight.
- How the Senators play against one of the few Stanley Cup contenders they've faced this season. The Flyers have a great team, and Ottawa has not fared well against strong opponents during the season.
As always, feel free to post away in the comments during the game along with the other diehards who should be present.