A quick game-day rundown of some Ottawa Senators headlines of the day.
- Pascal Leclaire starts in net tonight, while Jason Spezza's injury was overstated--he's in the lineup tonight. (Twitter)
- And defenceman Filip Kuba's groin/hip/pelvis injury deals are going to keep him out, too, for who knows how long. (Sun)
- Surprising to many, Shean Donovan's going to take a seat tonight while Peter Regin returns from injury. Jesse Winchester, not as surprisingly, will not play. (Sens Twitter)
- Speaking of tonight's game against the Nashville Predators, the prediction panel's all about the Senators once again. I called a 3-0 win for the home team. (Citizen)
- A couple keys to the Sens hot start: Scoring first, and hot goaltending. Isn't it nice to have Leclaire back there? (Citizen)
- The Toronto Star was in a good mood today, inviting commenters to take their best shots at the Toronto Maple Leafs' terrible start this year. Among the best jokes: "
- There's a rosy picture of the Ottawa Senators painted by Wayne Scanlan, and artist Cory Clouston is apparently using some new brushes: Function, order, and discipline. (National Post)
- I'm always amazed by how well Canada does at the World Junior Championships despite the players who miss the annual tournament while playing in the NHL. Imagine if Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Michael Del Zotto, Tyler Myers, and Evander Kane were all in the red and white this year? Crazy. (Globe & Mail)
- Update: Our friends at On The Forecheck have posted a great preview of tonight's game. Check it out! (On The Forecheck)