It's Christmas for insiders, rumour-mongers, and regular fans! It's trade deadline! Share your thoughts on Ottawa's moves or news from across the league! The fun ends at 3 pm ET.
Thoughts to start the day:
- Yesterday was busy, busy, busy. Will today be a total bust?
There isn't a market for goalies. Roberto Luongo, Ilya Bryzgalov, Viktor Fasth moved yesterday after Ryan Miller was shipped out on Friday. Will New Jersey legend Martin Brodeur ask to be moved? If an old, past his prime goalie asks for a trade, does Lou Lamoriello hear it?
- The Sens placed Corvo and Conacher on waivers yesterday. Will either be claimed? Was this the first step in a larger deadline move?
- So far there hasn't been much movement for forwards. Will any of Thomas Vanek, Matt Moulson, and Chris Stewart be traded for a second time this season?
- With Vancouver blowing up its team, who is the bigger trade target prize: Ryan Kesler or Alex Edler?
- Which division rival will have improved the most by the end of the day? Which wild card contenders will upgrade?
- Who will win the
Ray Shero Award/GM of the Year award: given for splashy but ultimately ridiculous bad deadline deals? My money is on Ray Shero.
- Will Chris Phillips be re-signed? Will it be for one year or a will it be a multi-year deal? If he's traded, will it be to Boston? Or will Bryan Murray break Ben Affleck's heart and send Phillips anywhere but Beantown?
- If Ottawa trades a prospect, who is the most likely candidate?
- If Ottawa doesn't move Chris Phillips, any of Patrick Wiercioch, Jared Cowen, Eric Gryba, or Mark Borowiecki could be on the move. Who does Murray send packing?
- Sportsnet or TSN?
- Chicago has recently acquired a couple of former Senators in Peter Regin and David Rundblad and seem to be an organization that uses advanced stats to make these depth moves. Do you agree or disagree with Stan Bowman and co.'s methods?
- 30 trades. Are you taking the over or the under?
- It's 3 pm ET. The deadline's passed. Who's you're Stanley Cup favourite now?
Enjoy yourself, folks!