The Ottawa Senators can move into a playoff spot with a win over the Boston Bruins pending the outcome of the game Red Wings/Lightning game later in the evening. The Bruins will be without Zdeno Chara who left early to carry the flag for Slovakia in Sochi.
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
MacArthur - Turris - Condra
Conacher - Zibanejad - Ryan
Kassian - Smith - Neil
Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Gryba
Wiercioch - Ceci
A few notes:
- Erik Karlsson appears to be in the form of his life. He is dominant in every area of the game right now.
- A lot has been made of the Senators struggles in the afternoon, but they have a big opportunity today without Chara.
- With Da Costa gone, Mika Zibanejad will return to centre. If those lines hold true in the game, that line has the potential to be the best one.
- Patrick Wiercioch and Cody Ceci have really been used sparingly. Paul MacLean is leaning heavily on his top four with Chris Phillips out.
- Jason Spezza has 12 points in his last nine games. He is on fire.
- Sorry for the late preview, I am not ready for afternoon games either.
Here are some stats leaders for the two teams tonight.
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||20||Reilly Smith||18|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||39||David Krejci||35|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||54||David Krejci||48|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||182||Patrice Bergeron||153|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:19||Zdeno Chara||24:57|
|Corsi Close %||51.6%||11th||54.0%||4th|
|Fenwick Close %||50.6%||15th||53.7%||4th|